On this page, we provide an overview of new functionality introduced to SpeakerTravel over time.
2020 - September
- ✨ Technical updates (migration to .NET 5.0)
2020 - August
- 🐞 Additional verification of bookability related to COVID-19 flight availability.
2020 - July
- ✨ Update airline icons and master data.
- ✨ Work on additional documentation.
2020 - June
- ✨ Update maps source.
- ✨ Various minor updates to UX.
2020 - May
- ✨ A new documentation center is now available.
2020 - April
- ✨ Organizer - Travellers can be auto-approved when cost is within budget (optional).
- ✨ Organizer - Import and invite travellers from XLSX, CSV file and speaker exports from Sessionize.com.
2020 - March
- ✨ Traveller - Ticketing phone number can be specified to retrieve airline notifications.
- ✨ Organizer - Booking approval is now asynchronous - no need to stare at a progress bar for 20 seconds after approving travel.
- ✨ Organizer - Event currency can now be EUR and USD.
2020 - February
- ✨ Render Great Circle arcs on maps.
- ✨ Traveller - Our partner SimCorner, offering data/4G travel SIM cards is listed in booking confirmation e-mails.
- ✨ Traveller - Our partner TripIt can parse SpeakerTravel confirmation e-mails.
- ✨ Organizer - Added a switch to display flight prices to travellers (disabled by default).
- ✨ Organizer - Invite team members to manage travel for speakers.
- 🐞 Organizer - Speed up budget price range retrieval.
2020 - January
- ✨ Localize calendar start of week when possible.
- ✨ Traveller - Improve filtering departure/arrival time and duration of flight.
- 🐞 Traveller - Redirect to search when invitation already accepted (do not show "invalid invitation").
- ✨ Organizer - Reporting (financial summary, travel times summary)
- ✨ Organizer - Scrollbar for mail preview.
- ✨ Organizer - Added ability to edit invitation.
2019 - December
- ✨ Added support for baggage fees and fare tiers.
- ✨ Added support for low-cost carrier bookings.
- ✨ Organizer - Added ability to clone previous event.
2019 - November
- ✨ Support for one-way flights.
- ✨ Traveller - Improve flight selection UI on mobile devices.
- ✨ Organizer - Provide budget suggestions when creating traveller invitation.
2019 - October
- ✨ Pre-formatted itineraries replaced with nice HTML design in web application and confirmation e-mails.
- ✨ Organizer - Allow pre-populating traveller departure airport when known.
2019 - September
- ✨ Organizer - Allow specifying potential budget overrun percentage.
- ✨ Organizer - Option to provide EU VAT details.
- ✨ Organizer - Improve UI for flight pricing.
- 🐞 Organizer - Recomended departure date not always pre-populated [bugfix]
2019 - August
- ✨ Display badge in top menu for organizers and travellers, to visualize when an action is required.
- ✨ Organizer - Branding enhancements, including customization of traveller invitation and booking confirmation e-mails.
- ✨ Organizer - Remind travellers to accept an invitation or to search for travel options.
- ✨ Organizer - Reason can be specified when rejecting a travel option.
- ✨ Organizer - Booking vs. budget amount chart is now displayed on the event dashboard.
- ✨ Organizer - Base metrics on dashboard are now clickable and link to more details.
- ✨ Organizer - Multiple passengers can be invited on one booking.
- ✨ Traveller - Show contact details of organizer on trip details page.
- ✨ Traveller - Show selected itinerary while flight approval is pending.
- ✨ Traveller - Basic flight info is shown on the trip overview page.
2019 - March - July
- ✨ Initial release of SpeakerTravel and refinements, providing support to create an event and invite passengers, with basic booking functionality.